|Prep Time||15-20 min|
|Cooking Time||30-45 min|
Nutrition Facts per serving
|Calories||196 (without garnish)|
This makes a lot and kids love it.
You can prep it ahead and cook it later. Makes for great lunch leftovers for a few days.
Denise's Recipe of the Week
1 ½ C. crushed tortilla chips (you could leave these out or add corn tortillas on the bottom)
- 1lb. shredded cooked chicken or turkey burger, ground beef or meat alternative
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can corn or fresh
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 C. chopped red onion
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (red or green)
- ¼ C. chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 -2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Shredded mex. Blend cheese (lowfat)
- Sour Cream
- Diced Tomatoes
If using “burger” sauté until cooked through. I add chili powder, cumin, cayenne etc..until brown then, put into a large bowl.
- Combine all other ingredients except the cheese and mix well
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch (or larger) glass baking dish
- Scatter crushed chips on bottom
- Cover with ½ meat mixture and sprinkle cheese (1 cup or so)
- Cover with remaining meat mixture and then cheese again
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 oven for 30 + minutes.
- Let cool a bit then serve. Can make ahead and cover in fridge. Cooking time may be a bit longer.