|Prep Time||10-15 min|
|Cooking Time||10-20 min|
Nutrition Facts per serving
I add more seasoning, fresh chopped tomatoes and Kalmata olives (chopped or halved) and only use organic boneless breasts. You can use a box grater for the cauliflower.
Denise's Recipe of the Week.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2-3 pounds of chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, finely chopped or grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional – the other spices will already add a bit of spiciness to the dish, so only add the cayenne if you want a really spicy dish)
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1/2 cup minced parsley or cilantro
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375.
The base of the casserole is cauliflower grated into a rice-like texture. Chop the head of cauliflower into small pieces. Push the pieces through a food processor using the grating blade.
Spread the grated cauliflower out in a 9×13 rectangular baking pan.
- Salt and pepper the chicken. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a deep pan over high heat. Add the chicken, browning well, about 3-5 minutes a side.