|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
Nutrition Facts per serving
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) of grass-fed butter or olive oil
- 1 small can of pumpkin puree (or fresh in which case you’ll need about a 1.5 cup [325 mL] worth)
- 2 cups (500 mL) of coconut milk
- Salt or Herbamere + black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp (5 mL) of powdered chicken stock
- A small sprinkle of nutmeg (optional but nice)
- Heat a large soup pot and add the butter or oil. Add the onions and garlic and stir well, then cover the pot. Let things cook for 5 minutes, or until onions are transparent and soft.
- Add the pumpkin, milk, and seasoning. Using a hand-held immersion blender, liquefy the vegetables with the rest of the ingredients. You can also let the mixture cool and blend it in a regular blender, then re-heat it before serving.
- If soup is too thick, add a little water until it has the consistency you prefer.