|Pumpkin Pie Bar Facts|
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
Nutrition Facts per serving
Yummy pumpkin pie bars, perfect for substituting for pumpkin pie!
Recipe from Gourmet Nutrition .
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (organic or 1/4 splenda brown Sugar)
- 1/2 cup cold Butter (can use 1/2 cup applesauce)
- 2 cups low fat/skim milk
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (2 cups, NOT pumpkin filling!)
- 5 scoops (125g) of vanilla protein powder
- 3 whole omega 3 eggs
- Splenda to taste.
- Preheat oven to 505 degrees F(190 degrees C).
- Stir the flour, oats, brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Add butter (or applesauce) and mix with hands thoroughly until mixture is a breadcrumb like texture. Transfer ingredients to a 9×13 inch baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Press down on mixture until it covers the bottom of the pan completely. Bake for 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring milk to a boil with the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. As soon as it boils, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the pumpkin first and then the protein powder and eggs. If necessary, sweeten mixture to taste with Splenda.
- Once the base has finished baking, remove from the oven and pour the pumpkin filling on top. Place back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until pumpkin filling has set.